Saturday, April 14, 2007

Dinosaurs in São Paulo...

There a popular equation in marketing. It says that "customer satisfaction EQUALS experience MINUS expectation".

After receiving one comment* on my previous post (Buenos Aires Zoo promotional billboards) about how good the SP zoo is, and replying to that comment with a "hmpff... i've been there, I liked it, but I gotta give it to Buenos Aires, theirs is better, at least for me", I wanted to give another chance to places of public interest in São Paulo... so we went to the São Paulo Aquarium on saturday afternoon.

Getting there from the south zone isn't that easy, but can be done in slightly less than one hour. The Aquarium+Planetarium is located on the Ipiranga neighborhood, more specificly on the 407 of the Rua Huet Bacelar.

The external aspect and surroundings didn't do much for raising my expectations.. and a planet-earth shaped revolving door welcoming visitors didn't help much... But boy, I was surprised. The highlights to me where the real bones of a whale maxilar, the stones with fossil fish from several species, and the dinosaur bones. They did a VERY NICE job in that dinosaur section.

The fish portion is nice, or just OK, and the 3D movie is quite basic... but that dinosaur section saved the day. If you happen to have a chance, go visit the Aquarium


*- the comment came offline. it is still appreciated as feedback-is-a-gift, on any form.. but it still puzzles me how people end up taking the harder road of writing an e-mail when posting a comment is much easier