Sunday, May 28, 2006

Learning from the masters.. of the previous generation

I never got to meet him. I wished, but I couldn't.
All I could was read a couple of books written by him, and few magazines with glossy pictures after his dead.

He was probably the most charismatic professor in his area, coming down from the pedestal of nobel-prize-winner and daring to test a different way of teaching his science to undergrad students.

I used to keep some photographs of him in my room while in college, and once bought in amazon a book+CD wanting to try to decipher from his voice how the man was.

Now I finally could see him on video. It was finally possible to get a glimpse of the man, talking about his conviction, what his father tought him.. what is it that "awards" really meant for him.

When things are in video is easier to see the excitement in somebody, the sparks in the eyes, the leaning forward when the most cherished thoughts come to mind.

And all thanks Google Video!: A 49 minutes interview to Richard P Feynman is available in Google Video.

Almost as interesting, the post came to GV from India's Nejaji Subhas Institute of Technology.

Are we starting to see in digitized video a way for the new generation to learn from our father's masters? exciting times to be born.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home