Friday, November 03, 2006

Can't blame a mediocre teacher for not learning how to graph a linear function...

[no, I won't say that teachers don't matter... but..]
I was wandering on Google Video when I found this post from today, and I can't help wonder that for this generation there are alternatives.

At least some alternatives for those cases when a mediocre teacher is not up to the job. Imagine learning how to plot a linear function.

I am not praising this particular teacher, but imagine being able to check out 10 different teachers on how they deliver their "magic" (teaching), being able to rank them, and choosing the best one.. all on a daily basis.

How fast will the generation of the recently born kids learn if we can remove a bunch of the barriers that we faced when learning? It seems to me that they will learn pretty darn fast!!

video:
Solving Linear Systems by Graphing (5th period)
Mrs. O'Flynn's 5th period Algebra students explain how to solve a linear system in two variables by graphing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home